Laws and Regulations
Definition of Personal Information
Personal information refers to information about a living individual, and includes data that can identify a specific person through details such as name, date of birth, address, phone number, and other descriptions. This also encompasses information that can be matched with other data, leading to the identification of a specific individual.
Purpose of use of Personal Information
The purpose of use of personal information acquired by the company is as follows:
- Purpose of use of personal information of those who use the services
- ・As a place to check when applying, canceling membership, or changing registered information.
- ・For marketing research and analysis regarding the company or each service provided by the company.
- ・To respond to customer inquiries and consultations.
- ・For information regarding technical support such as trouble information and maintenance information for each service provided by the company.
- ・To provide and promote new services and products offered by the company, as well as to conduct surveys regarding existing services, provide renewal information, conduct research and development, and improve functions.
- ・To send products, giveaways, gifts, etc.
- ・Based on the personal information you have registered, the company will aggregate it as statistical information to the extent that it cannot be identified as an individual, and use it as reference material for developing services useful to our customers.
- ・As reference information when using the relevant functions of each service at the customer's discretion.
- ・To provide each service provided by the company, and to manage those service users.
- ・To provide personal information to a third party if prior consent has been obtained from the customer in providing each service.
- ・Furthermore, for the purposes for which usage has been publicly disclosed and consent has been obtained in providing each service.
- ※ Please be especially mindful of the handling of features linked to personal information used at your discretion when using each service.
- Purpose of use of personal information of applicants for employment with the company
- ・For selection based on personal information such as resumes and work history.
- ・To inform you of the date and time of the interview and whether or not you have been hired.
- ・To determine wages and manage employment after hiring.
- ・In addition to the cases mentioned in the preceding 3 items, for purposes for which consent has been obtained from the individual.
Use Within the Scope of the Purpose of Use
We will handle customers' personal information only within the scope necessary to achieve the purposes of use that we have specified and publicized in advance. However, we may handle customers' personal information beyond the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use specified and publicized in advance if any of the following cases applies, as specified in Article 5, Paragraph 3 of the "Guidelines for the Protection of Personal Information in the Telecommunications Business".
- ・When based on laws and regulations.
- ・When it is necessary to protect a person's life, body, or property, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
- ・When it is particularly necessary to improve public health or promote the healthy upbringing of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual.
- ・When it is necessary to cooperate with a national agency, a local government, or an individual or entity entrusted by either a national agency or local government to execute affairs prescribed by law, and obtaining the consent of the individual is likely to impede the execution of such affairs.
- ・When personal data is provided to an academic research institution, etc., and such academic research institution, etc. needs to handle said personal data for academic research purposes (including cases where part of the purpose of handling said personal data is for academic research purposes, but excluding cases where there is a risk of unjustified infringement on the rights and interests of individuals).
Provision of Personal Data to Third Parties
We will not provide personal information to third parties without obtaining the prior consent of the individual, except as otherwise provided by law.
Our company will set a retention period for personal data within the scope necessary for the purpose of use, and will delete the personal data without delay after the retention period has elapsed or after the purpose of use has been achieved. However, this does not apply in the cases that fall under each of the following items stipulated in Article 11, Paragraph 1 of the "Guidelines for the Protection of Personal Information in the Telecommunications Business".
- ・When it is necessary to preserve it based on the provisions of laws and regulations.
- ・When the consent of the person is obtained.
- ・When a telecommunications carrier stores personal data to the extent necessary for carrying out its own business, and there is a reasonable reason not to delete the personal data.
- ・In addition to the cases listed in the preceding 3 items, when there are special reasons for not erasing the personal data.
Security Control Measures for Personal Information
We will take organizational, physical, personnel, and technical measures to prevent unauthorized access to, loss, destruction, alteration, or leakage of personal information.
Procedures for Disclosure, Correction, etc. of Retained Personal Data
When we receive a request from an individual for disclosure, correction, suspension of use, or deletion of retained personal data, we will respond to the request in accordance with the provisions of laws and regulations. If you wish to make such a request, please send your request to the address stated in "Consultation, Complaints and Other Inquiries Regarding Handling of Personal Information".
Consultation, Complaints and Other Inquiries Regarding Handling of Personal Information
- Tokyo, Shinjuku-ku, Nishi-Shinjuku 6-18-1
- Sumitomo Fudousan Shinjuku Central Park Tower, 11F
- SFIDA X Co., Ltd.
- Please contact the department below depending on the personal information you are inquiring about.
- Applicants for employment → Human Resources & Public Relations Group
- Company services, etc. → Sales Management Group
- If you would like to contact us by a method other than postal mail, please use the URL below.
- SFIDA X Co., Ltd.
- CEO Etsuro Sumita
- Revised: April 1, 2022